Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lazy Ballerina. I didn't go to class today.

I did not have a valid reason or even a lame excuse.  I did not stay out partying last night, or wake up with a headache, or oversleep.  Nothing.  Just did not go. (Okay - my favorite NFL team, the Baltimore Ravens, have a critical game against the Dallas Cowboys which started at 10:00 a.m......and I wanted to be here for the kick off.  Does that count?)

I feel like I should go buy a
bottle of 'Lazy Ballerina' wine
today and drink it before
my stretching exercises.

A split decision has been made in my mind that I am not going to make a bigger deal out of this than it is.  I will make up the class tomorrow morning, and will get back on schedule Tuesday.  If I freak out over not going, it could spiral into missing more classes, and I do not want that to happen.

Also, I can do a massive stretching session here at the house - perhaps even while watching the game.  (If I am able to post a blog between plays, I think I can stretch.)

One of the reasons going back to dance has been the joy that comes with keeping a promise to myself, that really only has to do with me.  As any parent or spouse (or anyone who is a family member of any kind to anyone, frankly) can tell you, oftentimes we become so committed to keeping the promises we make to others that we can lose sight of ourselves.  Isn't it ironic that we even become almost obsessed with helping others keep the promises they made to themselves....nearly like a coach on the sidelines watching others execute plays in life that we are not doing ourselves.

My friend Deborah's adorable
son made a "lollipop farm"!


Anyway, I have made the most of this morning off.  I enjoyed coffee in bed, watched CBS Sunday Morning, and the pregame shows.  Hired some people to work on my Farmtown farm (which I am happy to say is often neglected - lol).  Caught up with friends back East in the virtual pseudo-intimacy created on social networking sites with pictures of Junior's lollipop farm in the backyard and Jane's angst with her roommate situation.  A like here, a witty retort there, a sarcastic sting here.




I pormise to push myself all the harder tomorrow morning, and let you all know what unfolds.  'Cuz I know I will never get to this -
If I do not go to class.

(Okay - when you are done laughing hysterically - yes, I realize I may never get there.  The chances are ZERO if I don't go to class though.  You are welcome for the hearty laughter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment